The Audit Manager is responsible for organizing and overseeing internal audits in accordance with the annual audit plan, often managing a team of auditors.
The Audit Manager will oversee the review process then make any necessary recommendations to change policies, implement new systems or even change employee roles and team structures.
The Audit Manager will work directly with the Finance Director and company directors.
The work of an Audit Manager ultimately helps companies fulfill their obligations to international and government compliance.
An Audit Manager will be expected to perform any of the following tasks:
- Identify risks and manage
- Produce reports highlighting issues and providing potential solutions
- Active engagement with senior staff to gain a good understanding of the business
- Supervise, coach and develop junior members of staff within teams
- Ensure compliance with internal (audit methodology and risk management) and external (regulatory) requirements
Typical qualities of a successful Audit Manager include:
- Working knowledge of UK GAAP and International Auditing Standards (UK and Ireland)
- Experience of leading, supervising and coaching members of staff
- Delivering results and meeting client expectations
- Planning and organising
- Analysing and presenting recommendations